Friday, January 20, 2012

The King & I, Martin Short & the Sandler Center, oh my!

Source.
Last night Dad and Sheri took me along with them to see Martin Short at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts.  What a treat!  We had dinner before the show at Havana Nights Jazz & Cigar Club
and went back for dessert and a little jazz music afterwards! 
Source.
On January 8th, Memaw invited Mom and I to see the King & I - also at the Sandler Center.  I did not know so many of the songs I had heard while growing up like 'Getting to Know You' and 'Shall We Dance' had come from this production!  While the end of the piece left me a little uncomfortable (the whole 'westernizing' the Siamese people...) - spending time with Memaw & Mom is precisely my cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...