Monday, June 10, 2013

diaper cakes, banana cafe and grilling out

Last week, my department threw Abdoulaye and me a wedding shower in conjunction with a baby shower for another colleague due next month.  A friend of mine from work and I put together the diaper cake above following inspiration from my sister-in-law's baby shower.  We sourced our materials from the Honest Company (aren't the diapers - hippos & strawberries - precious??) and from around our desks (including my medal from last summer's office Olympics).

I think this cake is pretty incredible.  Such a treasure!
Another colleague made this beautiful cake for Abdoulaye and me to cut.  Since we didn't do a cake cutting at our wedding in May, this was a fun way to have one :)  Isn't it incredible?  She's so talented!
Reunion in the market
On Saturday we met up with Michelle and Alys (friends from Mali) in Eastern Market and headed to brunch/lunch at the Banana Cafe.  I had the Caribbean Benedict - delicious!  Looking forward to heading back for the piano bar.
  
Saturday night we headed to Cat and David's for some great BBQing and hanging.  Abdoulaye was loving on the chicken and rice (way to steal his heart you guys!) but more than anything, Auggie stole his attention.  Such a joyful child (as Abdoulaye noted) and fun to be around.  Made me feel like summer was really here to stay. 
Abdoulaye  with his aide-de-campe
Precious Auggie!


Hope you had a great weekend!  We're looking forward to slowly moving things into our new home as time marches on.  Any recommendations for home improvement techniques?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...