Tuesday, June 4, 2013

write my ticket

Wowsas what a couple of months!  While I'm disappointed I've let blogging slip, I'm thankful for everything else that's been taking up my time :)

In the past couple of months, I finished another term of school, we've been busy planning our wedding, which took place last weekend (see video at bottom of post and pictures to come!) and looking for, finding, making an offer, and closing, on a home in Maryland.  Whew.  Now the real fun begins as we move in and make this house a home!
Bachelorette shenanigans at the beginning of May
I loved visiting the Lavender Fields Farm with my girlfriends where there were lots of cute old ladies purchasing herbs and my beautiful friends seen above willing to take timed jumping photos.
Taken this past Friday, May 31, 2013
In April we embarked on the adventure of finding a more permanent place to live and found a treasure (we think!) of a home in Maryland.  We're looking forward to putting down some roots and being a part of a neat community.  Please get your bag packed and come to visit, we can't wait to host you (at least for dinner!!).
At the Art Museum of the Americas
This past weekend felt like the first relaxing one I've had in awhile (even with closing on the house and moving a load of things to our new place!).  On Saturday Abdoulaye and I made our way to the National Mall via Georgetown (we saw our first shoplifter in the US together at Zara) and stopped in at the Art Museum of the Americas.  I pass this building every day on my way to work but had never stopped in before.

While we only got a glimpse of the exhibits most recently up (since they were on their way out), it was enough of a teaser to make me want to come back for more.  The two exhibits were "On Common Ground"  and "A Place With No Rest" (where Abdoulaye is posed above).  The photographs in the latter exhibit were hauntingly beautiful.  I love thinking about how the ways we communicate with our bodies are so much more powerful than words.
hats

Here we are on our way to the National Museum of African Art where we took in the latest exhibition, Earth Matters: Land as Material and Metaphor in the Arts of Africa.    I'd like to do a post about my favorites so I'll just hold onto them for now :)

My weekend ended with brunch at home and a BBQ chez Joe & Ashley.  Let summertime festivities commence!


Jennifer & Abdoulaye | Wedding Film | Music Video | Norfolk, Virginia | Virginia Zoological Park from The Girl Tyler on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...