Monday, September 24, 2012

sweet surprises!

My weekend started on Thursday when Sarah came to town.  We ate pizza at Two Amys (thanks, Dad!), wandered the gardens at the Washington National Cathedral and took our breakfast on Friday morning to the Rosedale Conservancy near my apartment.  The weather has been so wonderful lately, I am loving the baby crispness in the air in the morning on my way to work and again when I bike home in the evening.
Cassie and I continued weekend festivities with ice cream at Something Sweet and more Cathedral wanderings.  Morning, noon & night, the architecture and the way light hits the building never ceases to amaze me.

I had FLOC training on Saturday followed by some birthday bowling (pictures to come!).  Sunday included a birthday brunch celebration, a visit to the National Zoo (the giant baby panda passed away this weekend :( and the 2012 National Book Festival on the Mall to hear Junot Diaz speak.  Have you read his new book, This is How You Lose Her?  I have a copy to pick up and I can't wait to read it!

I hope your weekend was filled with trifles & treasures - I'm so thankful for all of the ones in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...