Wednesday, September 19, 2012

National Council for International Visitors: NCIV

Image Source
One of my goals for this term at SIT is to learn more about International Education organizations (especially those based in Washington, DC).  I'll do this by doing some online research, talking with folks in the field and posting my findings on my blog.   The first organization I am looking forward to learning more about is the National Council for International Visitors (NCIV).  

NCIV promotes excellence in citizen diplomacy through regional and national meetings to highlight the importance of international exchange.  Their motto is "one handshake at a time," which highlights the importance of face-to-face meeting to promote communication and diplomacy.  I'm excited to learn more about how I can be a part of their organization as a volunteer and the specific work they do. 

What does international education mean to you?  Do you know any organizations in the DC-area working in IE?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...