Tuesday, August 21, 2012

bike helmets:to wear or not to wear?

Image source.
I've been having a lot of bike helmet discussion lately - to wear or not to wear?  I'm definitely on the 'wear' side of the fence though I just got a new helmet yesterday (it took too long, I know!).  My friend, Whitney, sent me this post about a fashion-forward helmet (pictured above) created by Swedish designers.  At $600 a pop I'd need to be a pool shark (and not just look like one) to afford this designer's delight.

Here's a sweet video on the designers and their helmet.


I headed to BicycleSpace last night for some yoga and will head back again tonight for a basic maintenance class.  I think they're business model is great - encourage community, ride bikes, give back.  Celebrate the store's second anniversary by picking up some bike treasures 20% off until October 1st!

What do you think?  Do you wear a helmet?  Would you wear something like the neck collar pictured above?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...