Monday, June 11, 2012

Would you like that notarized?

I must be telling a great joke here, everyone looks like they are laughing so hard! (....)
While the first part of last week I was moving around and about, the latter half included a more longitudinal around and about-ing.  On Wednesday I was offered (and accepted!!) a Program Coordinator position with World Resources Institute with their Forest Landscape Initiative (the job search is off for now!).  I have so many people to thank for helping to get me where I am - this was not a road traveled alone and I am (thankfully) reminded of that everyday.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

On Thursday morning I hopped on the Amtrak train to Union Station to sign the dotted and meet my colleagues.  Friday morning I began looking at apartments!  That, too, was not a path traveled solo.  Cassie had a friend that used Apartment Detectives to find a place in DC that she loved and so we signed up, too.  So far it has been a fabulous experience.  Nancy Starrs, the real estate on our 'case', has been prompt and helpful and the places I saw on Friday and Saturday were gorgeous and reasonably within our budget.  You can even 'like' them on facebook!  I'll keep you posted once we have signed that dotted line, too.

Whitney, my college roommate and friend since the 6th grade (!), opened up her home to me, once again, for which I am also very thankful.  We met Ann, another college girlfriend, for dinner at Cava Mezze for dinner (delicious tapas-style place) and then got frozen yogurt at Pinkberry (you should check out their website just to listen to the song they play - it's pretty awesome).  
No, I did not ride my bike right into the church.  But that would have been awesome.
Sunday meant church - but not before giving a presentation on Mali to the middle schoolers.  I couldn't tell if they were really into it (I think that may just be because they're in middle school...) but good job to all their 3rd grade teachers because they remembered their facts about ancient Mali!

Last, but certainly not least, the rumors are true.  We have a notary in the family.  Mom joined the National Notary Association last week, and the nearly 5 million notaries in the United States, and is ready to handle all your notary needs.  Come one, come all - she may even cut you a deal if you mention this blog post :)
She already has a waiting list of people who want her signature!  (or you could be first.. :)
Check out this video if you're interested in more of what I'll be working with/for/towards at WRI.

1 comment:

  1. jennifer, your job sounds so so SO amazing. i got chills watching the video! i can't wait to hear about the cool people and stuff you get to work with. please stop by richmond soon and tell me all about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...