Monday, January 14, 2013

here comes the sun

It's a gloomy Monday morning but I'm listening to Yuna's cover of Here Comes the Sun and I'm going to believe her.  With the news coming out of Mali - it's hard to imagine brighter days for a country that means so much to Abdoulaye and me (and so many others!!).  We're closely following the news and hoping swift military action is what is needed to stop the terror and praying it will get better soon.

I know it's going to be a great week despite the gloom outside because I woke up to a text this morning from USCIS letting me know Abdoulaye's green card application is in their hot little hands - let another immigration waiting game begin!  I feel much better about this waiting game since Abdoulaye is already here in the US to play it with me :)

After entering in all of our dates into the visajourney website (if you're looking for a site to help you along with the visa process - look no further!!), it spit out that Abdoulaye's employment authorization forms should be processed in mid-late March, which will allow him to work.  By then, he'll be 3/4 of the way done with his English classes at Language ETC and ready to take on the labor force!

My sister, Lindsay, and her boyfriend, Dan, came up this weekend for a friend's birthday and we reveled in the chance to hang out and visit around the apartment.  We're so blessed to have such treasures for family - looking forward to more visits already!!
I hope your week is off to a great start!  See more pictures from our DC gallivanting here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...