Wednesday, October 17, 2012

what is the Skype ticker symbol?

On Monday, October 8th, Abdoulaye's father, Sekouna Bangoura, passed away at the age of 64 from complications due to high blood pressure.  He left behind a lot of loved ones - including the women you see in the screen-shot above me.  While Abdoulaye is Baha'i, which is a monogamous faith, his family is Muslim and his father had two wives at the time of his death (Nnande at left and Nna at right).  I feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to meet Baba in April when I went to Guinea; he is already sorely missed.

Abdoulaye and I use Skype almost every day to talk.  I can't get over the fact that even though over 4,381 miles separate us, we can see one another and I can greet his family (in my broken Susu :)  Dad and Sheri got to meet some of Abdoulaye's family this past weekend - who needs a common language when you have thumbs up and waving?  Thank you, Skype, for revolutionizing the ways families can connect; we are so lucky. 

One of Nna's best girl-friends and Baba's brother at center with Abdoulaye

Dad shares his Halloween decorations with Abdoulaye.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...