Wednesday, March 7, 2012

26 birthday candles!

All gussied up and with somewhere to go!
From the looks of my blog one might think all I have been doing my first few weeks back in Mali is eating heart-shaped pita chips and pizza!  Luckily there has been a nice mix of settling into the new place (pictures to come), keeping up with school assignments, and melding back into the USAID/PHARE groove. 

For my 26th birthday Abdoulaye treated me to dinner at DaGuido's, one of Bamako's tastiest Italian restaurants (at least, this article says so) - my fourth birthday in Mali!  Here are posts from when I turned 23, 24, and 25.  It is fun looking back at my blog posts and seeing the changes I have undergone.  At this time last year I thought I was bound for the trans-siberian railway - now I am working on a Master of Arts in International Education and I am engaged!  Life changes so quickly!

26 was a little harder to swallow than 25 - I am technically in my late-twenties, right?  Oh well, pizza tastes good at any age and I am hoping my laugh lines are endearing :)
Goat cheese salad, pizza, mango juice, and some chocolate ice cream - I'm a happy girl!

Ousmane and Abdoulaye
Ousmane dropped Abdoulaye off after work and we got snazzied up before hitting the town.


Love this one


Do you have a favorite way to celebrate your birthday?  I didn't put butter on my nose this year like my mom always had us do - there's always 27!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Birthday! I love all the pictures of you back in Mali...You look so happy. 26 will be a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna! I'm feeling happy - glad to be back and looking forward to what 26 has in store :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...