Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Gad Elmaleh at The Birchmere


Last week Abdoulaye and I headed to The Birchmere in Alexandria, VA after work to see Gad Elmaleh, my handsome hubby's favorite comedian.  I wanted it to be a surprise but I got too excited and so I told him beforehand (try, a week or two after I bought the tickets three months ago) so there goes that one.  

Surprise or not, the show was excellent and a fun way to process a foreigner's experience in America (the foundation of Elmaleh's schtick).  The show was in French, peppered with English phrases for emphasis (Elmaleh is fluent), and kept the whole crowd rocking in their chairs.

Apparently Gad has been called the French Jerry Seinfeld and I like the comparison.  His humor is thought provoking, based in everyday interactions and relatable - not vulgar or offensive.  Here's a trailer below of Gad & Jerry in a car.  I've never watched Seinfeld's clips of comedians in cars before - they're cute if not a little long :)  There's also a clip below of the sketch Abdoulaye repeated a lot while learning English and with an English translation!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...