|Mom's birthday scone from Panera+memory book present|
1. Family and friends
- John wanted me to itemize friends and family here in order of my thankfulness for them but I'm going to ignore him just this once. I feel so incredibly blessed to be engaged to such a treasure of a man, surrounded by family that supports me and all my quirks and loved by friends who are (sometimes!) even quirkier. You guys are wonderful.
- Taylor here is representing music and happy, bubbly moments of all kinds for me. But I do just think she's the bees knees. And John says that's because I haven't been a victim to her media overexposure. But I also think John is sometimes a cynic. :)
- As though to answer my need for more Taylor in my life, 60 minutes did a special on her.
- Maybe it's because I was born in Virginia Beach and down the road from the Virginia Marine Science Museum. Maybe it's because I have an affinity for large animals related to whales (see #4). More likely it's because of all the good memories I associate with the Voyage of the Mimi and the 5th grade at Red Mill Elementary with Kate and Theresa. Whatever the reason - I love whales!
- Not only does Hippo translate to 'Mali' in Bambara (HOW FORTUITOUS I WAS SENT TO MALI FOR THE PEACE CORPS!!!!), they're also really cute.
- Seems like I'm surrounded by some of the most precious baby treasures out there (also see below!!). I'm almost counting down the hours until I meet Mia Rose, Joe & Ashley's 7 month-old baby girl! Someone at church today said holding them is contagious. While I'm sure I'll 'catch' the baby bug one day - for now they're just nice to hold until they poop :)
Looks like baby Ella captured my lens at Sheri's Thanksgiving feast! She's such a doll baby, I couldn't help it!
|Memaw's lemon cake - kicking it up a notch after the scone!|
|I'm also thankful for timers, afternoon sunlight and family photos!|
|Amanda's birthday party included, but was not limited to, Wii 'Just Dance'!|