Tuesday, December 11, 2012

this will be our year!

With all his bags (and mostly gifts!) and holding a rice cooker from my Mom :)  Ready for America!
It's Day 4 of Abdoulaye's and my new life together in Washington, DC - so far, so good!  We've unpacked all the bags seen above and are settling in nicely to the city.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from Abdoulaye's arrival - we're so blessed that my Mom, Dad, step-mom Sheri and sister Lindsay were able to make the journey up to DC to greet us at the airport.  Cassie made us a fabulous banana bread cake and we toasted to our new beginning!
May the roof above never fall in and the friends below never fall out :) 

Yesterday, we registered Abdoulaye for English classes at Language ETC.  I'm excited to see how it goes
With my sister, Lindsay
With my wedding dowry fabric from Abdoulaye's family :)
roomies!
See more pictures from our trip to Dakar here!

We are also thinking of Mali as always - more dramatic news coming out of Mali last night with the arrest of Prime Minister Cheikh Modibo Diarra...

2 comments:

  1. yay! i was in DC on Saturday and Sunday and was thinking of you guys. next time i'm there i'll shoot you a message :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...