Sunday, April 29, 2012

Welcome to America

I've been back in Virginia Beach all of about 72 hours and they've been filled to the brim.  After Mom picked me up from the Amtrak bus station at 19th and Pacific (so convenient!), I met Dad, Sheri, and Uncle Jimmie at All American Frozen Yogurt, a shop my brother Michael and sister Lindsay manage.  Saturday I headed to The Exchange Party at Camp Pendleton followed by a charity dinner for Horizons held at the Norfolk Marriot.  Welcome back to America!

Today we got dim sum for lunch and visited Sheri's dad before heading to the Commodore to see The Hunger Games (which I only knew about from Taylor Swift's song :).  I got the sweetest treat of the day when I met Jackie and Taylor, two dear friends in Virginia Beach for the weekend, for dinner at my Dad and Sheri's house.  Lucky me!  Trying to keep my momentum going - a busy week ahead!
There was an 80's cover band at The Exchange Party - the Deloreans.  They were so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...